When I first found out that I was pregnant with my first child. I was literally crying and in shock. I was about to accept a regional job with HSBC Hong Kong. But now, thinking back, God does has his plan for us in his own way.
When I delivered my first born, I understood that it was all well worth the sacrifice. It was miraclous to bring a new life into the world. A little one that come from you. The joy of carrying her in my arm for the first time and nursing her. The joy was just out of this worLd.
When my darling tell me that we will be a happy family, the feeling was just like God showering me with so much love that I wish time stood still because the happiness was only for 2 weeks.
Life can change in an instant. We all need to realize that. And it did change when I received news of love sudden death. Time healed all wounds but the scar will always remain for us to know that we have to cherish each day and work at being our best.
My love led a fulfilling and happy life. We witnessed the friendships he made around the world. The many friends that flew down to HK to send him off with many just given less than 2 weeks notice. The touching stories that many wrote on the website that was specially created for him by one of his good friend in Canada. I believe my love had lived a life that he want to be remembered for, always.
I recalled many years ago when love asked me "How do I want my life to be remembered?" I have always been a positive girl. I never had any major setbacks while growing up. I treat everyone around me with kindness and I only see the good in them. I seek to be explorers on a mission of discovery instead of a passenger on a journey through time. I choose to embrace life as an active individual treating each day as opportunity. I choose to make every day count by engaging myself in what life has to offer. To make a deliberate attempt on how I want to spend my time instead of sitting on the sidelines and watching life passing me by with regrets. I want to get involved in a cause that is important to me. Go to places that I have not been before. Hang out with people who I enjoy spending time with. Be curious and keep learning.
With that, I said "Don't wait for tomorrow to live your life the way you want to be remembered today".
Take note of the person you are today and the person that you hope to be. What changes will you make? What will you do more of or less of? What will you start doing and stop doing? What will you start doing today to live more in line with that image?